...I've been here for years. But I'm just now getting around to dusting off this old blog.
In addition to Ruby programming, I've been dabbling a bit in Objective-C over the last 9 months or so, specifically iPhone development. I'm going to start posting a bit more about that soon. It's a very different game, exciting in its own ways, but I've had to build up a whole new toolbox of code from scratch. There are so many things you take for granted from a server/web programming background (like, say, garbage collection or asynchronous image downloading). But I'm not here to bitch and moan. If it was easy, everyone would do it I suppose (although lately it's starting to seem that way.)
TweetList is a full-featured Twitter client designed to be simple and intuitive. It makes Twitter easier, whether you're looking for the latest news and trends, updating the world while you're on the go, or just keeping up with friends.
- Innovative list navigation: swipe left and right to scroll between your lists and subscriptions.
- Automatic tweet threading: see the whole conversation at once.
- Full set of search tools: search Twitter, find users, view local trends, save searches, and real-time conversation search.
- Unlimited number of Twitter accounts.
- Compose page shows the entire conversation as you reply.
- Timeline, member, and direct message caching with pull and auto-refresh.
- Direct messages grouped by individual with full conversation threading.
- Unread counts and badges for @replies and direct messages.
- Background loading of tweets and lists so you don't have to wait.
- xAuth authentication and secure HTTPS communication.
- Photo uploading... and many more features you've come to expect.
Follow @tweetlistapp on Twitter.
Tipsy is a full-featured tip calculator designed to be simple and intuitive. We created Tipsy because we just weren't satisfied with any other tip calculator in the App Store. Tipsy launches quickly. It has a single screen for entering the bill amount, setting the tip percentage, and splitting the bill using simple finger gestures. The results are immediately visible and updated in real-time in response to your touches.
- Simple, elegant user interface in a single screen design.
- Instant results - all calculations are updated immediately in real-time.
- No missing pennies - have confidence that calculations are precise and correct, always.
- Rock-solid performance - starts quickly, never crashes.
- Large numeric key pad for easy entry.
- Drag tip slider to set tip percentage.
- Drag people slider to split the bill, if necessary.
- Perform exact tip calculations, or round up and down to the nearest dollar.
- Displays effective tip percentage when rounding.
- Remembers your preferences - last amount, tip percentage, split, round mode.
- Email and website support.
- Designed and tested for iPhone/iPod Touch OS 3.0 and higher.
Follow @tipsyapp on Twitter.